Monday, July 16, 2007

7.16.07 : : Metamorphasis


When I was a little girl I was obsessed with butterflies. With the whole life cycle actually. And because of this, I was constantly finding caterpillars and bringing them in to watch them transform from a worm-like creature into a graceful butterfly. My favorite to document was the monarch butterfly of which you see above.


Currently I have two in my home. Izzy, pictured above is now transforming as we speak into an orange-winged butterfly in her chrysalis and will hatch most likely sometime in the next week. Lizzie, not pictured, is still a caterpillar but is looking like she will be turning into a chrysalis (cocoon) very soon. Documenting these insects has become quite a fun hobby for me. Look for the next few installments in this butterfly saga soon!

2 comments:

Em said...

Neat idea, Amy!

Anonymous said...

Kinda a ewew cool sorta thing you got going here. Can't wait to the end result of something beautiful.