Sunday, July 15, 2007

7.15.07 : : First Marathon Boudoir Session at the Amway

Today I held my very first marathon boudoir session at the Amway Grand in downtown Grand Rapids.

The premise for this session came about after being contacted by one of my brides about having these done for her fiance' on their wedding day. The idea of the marathon boudoir session at a fabulous hotel is a trend that I've seen by other photographers and I said I would love to do this if she helped recruit some girls also interested in the session to justify the cost of the room. The idea was a hit and within an afternoon had every session booked.

With the help of a hair and makeup team from the lovely Erin and Julie and my fabulous assistant Angie, we dolled up the girls and took some beautiful images of the brides-to-be.

Understandably, many of the girls coming to yesterday's sessions were a bit nervous. Who can blame them?! But after Erin and Julie finished doing their hair and makeup and the initial factor of having pictures taken in lingerie wore off, the session was fun, laid-back and really allowed me to take some amazing pictures of these beautiful girls.

Lisa, pictured below, is actually my assistant's sister who was willing to come down and pose for a few pictures that I could use for promotional pictures to advertise this service. So to the girls who came down yesterday for thier shoots, don't worry. You won't see any of your pictures on my site ;)


After the response I got for the first session, I will definitely be holding another session soon. So if any of you want to give a unique and beautiful gift to your husband, fiance' or significant other please let me know. I will be posting a few dates in the upcoming future.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh darn! I was going to help, but I forgot to ask you about it Thursday! Glad it was a hit!

Anonymous said...

o my gosh those turned out amazing!!! i am so glad i got to help!!! Erin

Anonymous said...

Hey Chica the next time you do this I wouldn't mind helping or assisting for more practice.

Very Classy!

Anonymous said...

Oooh, those are some sexy legs! ;) Thanks again for a really fun shoot yesterday. You're the best!

Em said...

As my husband would say "those are some nice drumsticks" in picture 1.

Leigh said...

Glad to hear everything went well! Love the pictures you posted.

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had a great time. I hope you and your husband were able to enjoy a relaxing evening in the room too.:-)

Anonymous said...

Looks like a great time!! Glad to see that you are always willing to try new things, and even more glad that you had a great turn out.

Anonymous said...

Fabulous...Just fabulous! :)