Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Supporting Adoption and Africa's Child

A few weeks ago I received a phone call from a client, Rob, whom I worked with last summer when I photographed his family to welcome their newly adopted little Isaiah through the program I'm affiliated with, Celebrating Adoption. Rob told me they were starting a resale shop in Holland called Africa's Child (website coming soon) and wanted some prints of beautiful children's faces for the walls of store. He asked for some help and I told him I was in! We set up a marathon session at my studio this past Saturday and invited families who have adopted children internationally. They got a free session and Rob will get smiling faces to grace the walls of their new store! It was a great day meeting working with some amazing families and sweet children.

Africa's Child is a boutique-style resale shop located on E. Lakewood Blvd. in Holland. The proceeds are helping Rob and his family bring hope and relief to children in Africa. They have just opened their doors and are accepting donations. For more information, feel free to email me at amy@acarrollphotography.com


4 comments:

Ashley said...

Wow, what an amazing opportunity to be involved in!

kikstra said...

Oh, I'm so bummed that we missed it- looks like you got some great pictures!
-Betsy Kikstra

AEOT said...

Amy, those are gorgeous pics! I'm glad you took the time to be involved. It sounds like a great organization for a great cause.

Anonymous said...

Always put your talents to good use!!