Saturday, September 20, 2008

Melissa + Kyle : : Preview Gallery

Saturday, September 13, 2008

I am finally back from my time in Portugal shooting a wedding with Jen of JK Photography and I can't wait to share with you the pictures of Jess and Tyler's fabulous wedding and the sights we saw in Europe. We were without Internet capabilities so I apologize for the delay in posting, but I will be more than making up for it this week! I normally like to get my wedding preview galleries up within a week of a wedding and I am a day late on posting Melissa and Kyle's wedding so please forgive me guys! I hope the images more than make up for the delay. It was a perfect day, despite the pouting rain courtesy of Hurricane Ike.

Melissa and Kyle planned their wedding at Ventura Pines, a beautiful home that overlooked Lake Michigan. Although the weather had other plans for the day, not once did I see Melissa or Kyle flinch about the change in plans. The ceremony was moved inside the tent that was to be used for the reception and we rolled with the changes. The day was filled with true emotion, laughs, tears (of happiness of course) and a rockin' reception.

Melissa's dress was seriously perfect and looked like a million dollars on her! The lace overlay was romantic and perfect.






Before Melissa got changed into her wedding dress, her bridemaids presented her with gifts of something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue.

The handsome groom, getting ready with his groomsmen.
Before walking out to the ceremony, they got together for a group prayer.

Flowers, fabulous.


Kyle and his dad look so contemplative here. Kyle's dad officiated the ceremony which was such a special part to their day.


Melissa and Kyle chose not to see each other before the ceremony so as she was walking down the aisle, the tears flowed. It was beautiful.


Sealed with a kiss!


Amazingly, the rain tapered off just a bit after there ceremony and allowed us to get some photos. I was so grateful for this break in the weather!









Announcing the new Mr. and Mrs.!

Guess who made this fabulous cake?
If you guessed Barb Hoek of Sweet Cakes, you were right! I wonder how many of her wedding cake goodness I've consumed this wedding season?

Aletha and her assistants for the day rocked out the setting up of this reception. Making quick decisions and moving things around, they were troopers through the rain.






I'm about to post an inordinate amount of pictures of this little ring bearer. He was cracking up the whole crowd!









Melissa and Kyle - I know I told you both already, but I loved loved loved being a part of your day and working with such a chill couple. I wish you two happiness and love! Enjoy your preview!

2 comments:

Aletha | Pearls Events said...

They look SO great, Amy!

Anonymous said...

Amy, we just got back home to Chicago from the honeymoon, and this is one of the first things we checked. They look absolutely amazing! We are so thankful to have had you there; we can't wait to see the rest! Just seeing these pictures brought back so many wonderful memories of the evening, and it's only been a week!