Thursday, July 31, 2008

Summer.Time


I know it's been a slow posting week for me. Believe it or not, I didn't schedule any shoots this week so that I could concentrate on getting caught up, rejuvinated and ready for my amazing August weddings I have coming up. During the past few weeks I've had my final consultations with all of my brides for August and I must say...I can't wait for all of these fabulous weddings! I have super sweet couples and I know I'm going to enjoy this busy month. This weekend I head to Daisy and Greg's wedding in Glen Arbor at The Homestead which I am TOTALLY looking forward to!

Last weekend I went camping. I had scheduled myself this weekend off since last year and fully intended to indulge in summertime activities. Camping and me don't normally go together but I thought for the sake of going outside of my pampered comfort zone, I would pack up my sleeping bag, forgo my blow dryer, and be one with nature.

We camped on Kelleys Island...a small island in the western basin of Lake Erie, about four miles north of Marblehead. I loved this island and the state park had it's own beach and was surrounded by beauty.

I didn't take many pictures, choosing instead to be part of the adventure instead of always documenting, but what I did take, I share with my loyal blog followers.

A sand artist with a sense of humor.


Glacial groves on Kelleys Island. An amazing site. I wish I had brought along a wide-angle lens on this trek. Unfortunately, I had my longest zoom lens so couldn't quite capture how spectacular these were to see.

This island had some adorable old stone houses. I loved this one.
Monday was my friend and second-shooter's birthday. Happy Birthday Angie!
Tuesday I headed to have lunch with my mom. A place where I can relax, unwind and feel refreshed. My parents live on 15 acres of beautiful land and I love grabbing my camera and walking the property to see what I find. That day, dragonflies and hummingbirds.



So that, my friends, is my week in review. I look forward to posting pictures from this weekend's wedding and all of the fabulousness in store for August!

3 comments:

kristajean said...

Oh my gosh, I was so excited when I saw your Kelley's Island pictures. I spent a week there at Camp Patmos with my church youth group every summer during high school. That island is a special place! Sounds like you had a nice time. You definitely deserved a break!

Angie Brooks Photography said...

I love the little hummingbirds ... they made me smile this night!

Anonymous said...

The hummingbird and dragonflies are very cool! Thanks