Tuesday, November 13, 2007

11.13.07 : : Doin' It Well

Jen totally rocking her angles!

Today was our seminar day. A day I learned a LOT about lighting, flash, and really delving into techniques I hadn't previously thought of using. I left today feeling inspired, excited and ready to go out and conquer the world! Or at least my next photo shoot.
Our model today was fabulously gorgeous.



Even one of the photographers stepped in to lend a hand as a model.


The best part of the day, however, was the one-on-one seminar we got with Neil Van Niekerk, (our instructor for today) after class. After the seminar was over, Jen and I, many of the attendees, and Neil stopped at a local tavern for a few drinks. It was great to be able to talk with other photographers about how they work, what they love about photography, and basically just talking shop. Jen and I were the last ones to hang around and Neil offered to take us around the Old Town area showing us even more fabulous lighting techniques about night time portraiture. It was a truly incredible experience to be able to have him take his own time to show us tricks and techniques to further us as photographers. We created quite a commotion with our setup downtown in Old Town Manassas and even grabbed a few of the locals for some shots. I wish I had taken some with my own camera tonight (I was using Jen's) but you can see some of the results on her blog.

We also ate sushi tonight and indulged in a little saki. It's been a good day!



Tomorrow, Washington DC!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know how you feel. I was super excited when you gave me a few pointers. I am so happy for you and can't wait to see the results in the next shoot and maybe get a few more tips myself (hint hint).

Anonymous said...

You look fab in Jen's shots on her blog!!

Amanda said...

I didn't know you were out of town! I have been slacking at checking your site! :( Bad me!!!

Alan B. said...

Hope you and Jen enjoyed your tourist day in DC today. Watch out for those cows on the drive home!