Monday, July 23, 2007

7.23.07 : : Taking Time to Smell the Campfire

This evening I spent time with friends who are camping all week in a little campground. This picture above doesn't really do much justice to our adventures this evening, but I thought it was a really cute picture from tonight. Little Alyssa totally adores her big brother and wants nothing more than to keep up with what ever he is doing.

Camping is not something I do often, mainly because I find that many campsites aren't equipped with the necessary outlets I need for my hair dryer, straightner, etc. But after spending some time out here tonight I may revisit my previous ideas I had about camping. Plus this place had Wi-Fi so I would totally be able to bring along my laptop.

I ran relay races with kids, caught caterpillars, roasted marshmallows and even played charades around the fire. It doesn't get better than that in the summer.

How cute is their little cabin?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is one scary Calebmonster!!!

Anonymous said...

How fun! You know at the last Bible Study we were talking about a camping trip next summer, somewhere with little cabins like that for those who aren't into camping THAT much!

Austin, Melissa, Ethan and Ollie said...

I can guarantee you and Jason can camp! We bring the computer all the time (most have WiFi), dvd player and all the comforts of home. If you ever need supplies, all of our tent stuff was never used.