Friday, July 13, 2007

7.13.07 : : Butterflies!

Recently, my mom has become increasingly interested in taking pictures with me when I go out to visit. My parents live on 15 acres of property and there is always something new to explore and capture with my camera. It used to be that I would go out and visit, camera in hand, and my mom would roam around with me pointing out interesting stuff I might want to capture. After a while, that didn't hold a lot of interest anymore for her so she brought her own camera out when I would visit. Inevitably the photography bug hit her as well and she's always emailing or calling me to tell me some new picture she was able to capture.

Today as we were out walking we saw some wild blackberries and decided to pick a few. As my mom reached down to grab a handful of berries, she moved away a branch and came upon the large moth you see pictured above. Typically, moths sleep during the day and this one didn't even seem to notice us. We looked up the species when we got back to the house and discovered that it's a 'Pandora Sphinx' moth. Quite a find in our books!



No comments: