Monday, June 25, 2007

June 25, 2007

Earlier this evening I was downtown near the Blue Bridge area downtown for an engagement shoot. As I was waiting there with the bride-to-be we noticed that there were some police officers starting to close down Front Street, where I was parked. I quickly asked the officer what was going on, as I started to see the K9 unit, equestrian unit, bomb squad trucks, etc. start filing in. Nobody seemed to be in a hurry or panic so I saved my judgement until I heard what the story was. Apparently, it is the first day of the International Conference of Police Chaplains and this was the kick-off! I even got to meet some of the chaplains who have been service for more than 30 years. You can learn more about them here: http://www.icpc4cops.org/2007ATSbrochure.pdf

Even more cool, is that one of the chaplians I spoke with also wrote a book called "Where Was God?" The World Trade Center Disaster seen through a Chaplain's Eyes. He showed me the book and then asked me if I would like my own copy. I graciously accepted and he even signed it and wrote a message to me inside. He was such a humble man, and yet what a story he has to share. I've already begun to read the first few pages and am captivated. If anyone is interested in learning more, his website can be found at http://www.chaplainbobwtcministry.com/.
Here is a picture of him signing my book.


2 comments:

Em said...

That is neat about the book and what a sweet man. You can just tell as he diligently signs away.

Adelaine said...

How cool! Let us know how the book is! Great pics! I printed the K9 one to show Joel, to say he was obsessed with the K9 unit would be putting it lightly!

(and I had to sign up for a google account to post! another password to remember... )

Love the new site!