Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Julie Strating : : Couture Make-Up Artistry

Last night I got to live out every America's Next Top Model and Project Runway fantasy working with make-up extraordinaire, Julie Strating. Julie is the make-up artist behind some of my favorite brides (Sarah, Alex, Rachel) and last night we both broke out of our wedding mold to try something new, something edgier, to expand Julie's portfolio.

I was giddy to work on this project with her and on Sunday we sat down and put together the outfits our models would wear last night. The outfits were a mix of thrift store finds and hand-creations from Julie herself (the bubble skirt...all her my friends...fabulous! Make one for me!). The models were friends of Julies and a few of my past clients. The looks were edgy, fun, fashion-forward.




















How fabulous do these girls look. We were getting quite the looks from passers-by.

Behind the scenes:



Maureen working Amanda's hair into its magnificent peacock hairdo.


Sin working his fabulousness.
Julie doing what she does best...fabulous make-up


Julie's hand creation, this bubble skirt. Love it!
Thanks to all of the girls (and Sin) who made this shoot amazing.

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Fabulosity" has been taken, as well as "Fierce", but I had to borrow them because that is what describes your pictures (and experience) to a tee! The makeup is so amazing Julie! With Amy showing off your talent, I am sure that you will soar! And the jewelry isn't half bad either ;)

By the way...you chose exactly the pieces that I would have, too! We are on the same page!

Anonymous said...

Amazing - what a great way for you both to showcase your unbelievable talent!

Amy - were you relieved to find out that it was the models wearing the peacock eyelashes and not me at my wedding? Ha.... :) Julie filled me in during my make-up trial!

Julie said...

YAY! It was so much fun to do and Amy...you captured all the looks exactly how I envisioned you would :) All the girls look pretty amazing, if I do say so myself ;)

Unknown said...

Amazing!! Everyone looks fabulous! I had a ton of fun! can't wait to see the other pictures!

Beth said...

Love it ALL!!! You girls did some fabulous work!! Great Makeup Julie and GREAT pics Amy!

Angie Brooks Photography said...

These all look amazing ... don't know how you narrowed it down to these few Amy. I had so much fun going along with you all!! So glad you made the little detour to come pick me up! You girls (the fabulous models) all rocked ... Julie, Sin, and Maureen, AMAZING Work and Amy your just a rockstar photographer! :-)

Anonymous said...

Thye look amazing Amy, Thank you so much for asking me to be a part of this. I had so much fun and can't wait to see the rest.

Leslie said...

These are fabulous photos Amy and the make-up and fashion is killer, Julie! That's going to be one awesome portfolio!!

Heather Moore said...

Great job to all of you! The models look amazing and the photos are fabulous!

Aletha | Pearls Events said...

Wow. WOW. Amazing photoshoot.

cocojames said...

Super amazing! I've been waiting to see the pictures since I heard you guys were planning on this!! Fabulous!

lil' Miss Cupcake said...

FABULOUS!!!
I *heart* feathers and I love this look!!
BTW, Sin is fab (he does my hair!)!

If you ever do a shoot like this again, let me know, I'll provide some tasty treats for the occasion!! :)

Shana said...

Wow! What an awesome team you guys put together! Love the pictures, love the hair, love the makeup! Perfect!

Kerri said...

So where does this Sin guy work?

Great job, ladies. Very cutting edge!

Heather said...

WOW!!!! amazing photo shoot!

Kami/The Elegant Elle said...

Holy hannah! AMAZING! Amy your photos are incredible, Julie your make up is divine and so fierce and can I just say that Cairey looks KILLER!? ;-)

Anonymous said...

These pics are awesome!! Great work Amy and Julie!!

Anonymous said...

Everyone has said it all, but these are way cool!! Watch out Tyra, lol

Christina said...

Those eyelashes are to the extreme!

Jess said...

Looks like so much fun! Truly America's Next Top Model. The pictures are AMAZING, Amy!!!!

Amanda said...

LOVE it!!!!!!!!

I have been waiting to see this, it all turned out great!