Sunday, September 16, 2007

9.16.07 : : Like a Kid in a Candy Store

As this is my first trip to Vegas, I envisioned in my head lots of gambling, Vegas-style shows and Elvis impersonators.

My husband came out here a few months ago for his first trip to Vegas for his cousin's wedding and fell in love with the town. He said I would love the shopping and that everything was just over the top and I had to see it for myself. Who was I to argue? Any trip away sounded like a treat to me! And yesterday I got to experience the shopping first hand and it is fabulous out here! I didn't take too many pictures yesterday, mostly because as the day went on, more shopping bags needed to be carried and that made it hard to take pictures.

While we are not gamblers, we did take in a Cirque du Soleil performance that was incredible. And I have yet to see an Elvis impersonator.

What Jason lusted over (and made me take a picture of):



And an actual candy store...yum!

Thanks for everyone's well-wishes for our trip! I'll try to keep up with my POTDs as best I can while we're out here.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

VERY COOL!! THE CLOSEST I WILL SEE VEGAS FOR AWHILE I AM SURE. HAVE FUN AND SPEND LOTS.

Angie Brooks Photography said...

I think I am even lusting over that car! Fabulous!!

Anonymous said...

Mmmmm candy!!!! My mom LOVES Elvis, I just got off the phone with her and she was telling me his Vegas show is going to be on tv tomorrow!

Anonymous said...

Girl you better make time for more pitures. When we went before my digital days I took nineteen rolls of film...Yeah Crazy! I love the Bellagio and The Venitian....Just the feel of Venice inside of a georgeous hotel was so cool. Have fun it's so awesome! I'm not a gambler either.... Can't wait to see more phots. Enjoy! It is definetly a city that never sleeps! We stayed at the Luxor....Your first photo looked familiar. The M&M store! YUM!