Monday, August 27, 2007

8.27.07 : : MANi's and Pedi's

Yes, that is my husband and his friends sitting at a nail spa getting pedicures this evening.

Jason and I are part of a Bible study group that meets every Monday. Tonight, the boys thought they were going to our study as normal, but us girls had another plan...

It all started this summer when the girls in the group and I had all gotten together for our first pedi's of the season. We were sitting in the above chairs talking about how fabulous we felt and how the guys were really missing out. The salon owner said, 'why not bring them sometime? You can bring wine and have a great time of it!'. Well, that got our wheels spinning so we decided to do just that. We packed up a picnic dinner consisting of wine, bread, cheese and fruit and other assorted goodness.

To see their faces as they stepped into the nail salon was priceless. I wish I could have taken the pictures of their expressesions but my arms were loaded up with the picnic dinner.



Jason was not quite sure what to think of this just yet. I think he may have had the hardest time feeling like this was ok for a boy to do.


Dan started to get into the spirit of it.


And 'Thank you' to all who wished us a Happy Anniversary! We had a fabulous time in Saugatuck today and since the below picture was what I wanted to do to my husband's cell phone after work called him continuously, I tried to respect our time as well and didn't spend the entire jaunt by the lakeshore taking pictures and doing my 'work'. So this is the only picture I have to share from our time together today. I would have loved to submerge the phone in the beer that filled the glass, but that would have been a waste of a tasty Oberon!




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haha! I don't think Joel would ever go for that!

Anonymous said...

Wow, what good sports. I hope they enjoyed the time after the shock was over!!

Em said...

Curtis and I have been going together also. He even has clear polish on them...shhhh! I love my metro man!

Oh and I am emailing you now.

E