Wednesday, August 1, 2007

8.1.07 : : A Creepier Side of Nature

If you remember a few weeks ago when I posted the pretty butterfly emerging out of its chrysalis, this bug (a cicada) is kind of doing the same manuever. Except that it's not pretty like a butterfly and it's emerging out of his old skin. Gross right?

I know this bug is a little creepy looking but I was extremely fascinated by this creature. He was hanging out on a tree letting his wings dry. Be glad I didn't post the extreme close up I had of him from my macro lens.

On a different note, tonight my husband and I had dinner with friends who recently purchased a Nintendo Wii. I had never played one, and since I don't have time for things like video games, never really gave this much thought. Until tonight. I HAVE to get one of these. I played tennis, golf, bowling and boxing! I had no idea!

Here is a picture of Jason and our friend boxing with the Wii. Seriously...I am hooked!


3 comments:

Em said...

We are buying a Wii this weekend. It's horrible, isn't it? NOT! I love that thing.

Anonymous said...

Once you try it you just can't stop. :)

Beth said...

We splurged a bit with some graduation money and got one as well. I am a boxing master!
BTW...that cicada is gross!